Guess I'm Growing Up

Difficult Christmas with family, Hard Christmas, Christmas is good because of Jesus
I used to expect Christmas to be perfect.

My childhood memories of Christmas are warm and wonderful because my mom worked hard to make holidays magical. 

As a child, I didn’t realize that Mom put up with prickly family relationships, a budget, health problems, and other normal demands of adulthood. I was a child who simply enjoyed her hard work.

Unfortunately, even as an adult I can sometimes have a childish outlook on life, wanting everything to go smoothly and everyone to be kind, thoughtful, appreciative and respectful. 

But my mom knew a secret that I’m still learning: “It is more blessed to give than to receive” (Acts 20:35).

And I’m not talking about simply giving gifts…I’ve always loved that part. I’m talking about giving myself generously even when others are prickly, stingy or unappreciative.

My sister, me and my mom 1954
I’m finally realizing that Christmas is perfect when I focus on my perfect Savior, not people or circumstances.

Guess I’m finally growing up.




Here's another of my creative Christmas posts, new this week: Doctor's Trunk Beneath my Tree

3 comments:

  1. The beauty of a Mom's love is wrapped up in the little things a child doesn't fully comprehend...until they are grown. What a blessing to read your memories... Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true! Christmas as an adult is so different than as a child, but the look on others faces when they receive your gift is so priceless! Thanks for linking up with us for Mommy Moments!
    TheNotQuiteMilitaryWife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Christmas picture! I know I have one very much like it! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...