Temptation You Have Met Your Match!

I can do all things through Christ, Philippians 4:13, temptation
“I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do, but what I hate I do. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.“ Romans 7:15,18

This is a good description of my attempts to diet the last few weeks.

Funny, but true.

Part of defeating sin in our lives is realizing that doing the right thing is usually opposite of our desires

Living for Christ is a fight. And when we forget we’re fighting sin, we lose ground and give in to temptations.

That’s why Paul ends the passage above by saying:
“What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!” Romans 7: 24,25

So today, whatever your temptation, remember what I'm remembering: I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength (Philippians 4:13). 

Have a 1-Minute Devotion like this sent to your email box each weekday. After signing up, you'll be sent a FEEDBURNER email. Click link in that email to start your subscription.
Enter your email address

10 comments:

  1. Gail, my story too with dieting. Praying for you (and myself).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living for Christ really is a daily fight against the flesh that wants to do EVERYTHING except the right things. It can be almost depressing ! I have my own weight issues too but we are OVERCOMERS so we can do this, right Gail ? Also with regards to the scripture you shared, if God dealt with me according to my sins, I am not sure I would even be here to write this. So grateful for His mercies ! Thanks Gail, for stopping by A Chosen Remnant. God richly bless you !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen...His mercies are new every morning...Great is His faithfulness.

      Delete
  3. I so love how our God works! :) Last week I read something that referred to Phil 4:13 in regards to eating. It seriously convicted me. If I can believe that God can do miracles, why can't I accept his help in this area. It's been on my mind all weekend. Then I read your post. AMEN! I am ready to believe that HE can help me through this stuggle. I am going to look at this in a whole new light now!

    Thank you for this post!
    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to hear these stories, Vicki. Yes, God is always working behind the scenes getting our attention, isn't He? I pray you have new strength and success. Bless you, Gail

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful post! This is one of my absolute favorite Scripture verses and one that I have my children currently memorizing! :-) There are so many temptations in this life. I pray that we all be able, through God's Grace, to resist whatever ones come our way. Thank you for visiting my blog and for your kind comments. I always enjoy visiting yours! :-) Many blessings, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't understand dieting either. When I gain a few pounds it is difficult to get off. When I think I have grown spiritually and have victory over an area in my life...it inevitably shows up again!! I do what I don't want to do!!

    Thanks Gail for your faithfulness in linking up over at WholeHearted Home this week. I always look forward to reading your posts each day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! you hit the nail on the head!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fast diet plans - healthy eating, weight loss, fitness diet plan until the 1-month of food runs out and see how the results go if i have get back to 3 or 4 lbs of weight loss a use the medifast diet plan for losing weight.what are the best raspberry ketones

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...