Clay or Gold?

1 Timothy 2:20-21, cleaning ourselves for useful service, God uses us when we repent
When I was a new Christian, I did a lot of repenting. For the first time in my life, I was aware of my sinful nature and how much I needed a Savior. 

But I often lose that awareness, and I need to remind myself of verses like 2 Timothy 2:20-21: 

"In a big house there are not only things made of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay. Some are of more use than others. Some are used every day. If a man lives a clean life, he will be like a dish made of gold. He will be respected and set apart for good use by the owner of the house.” NLV

I don’t know about you, but I’d like to be a lovely dish in God’s house, clean, respected and set apart for good use. 

And the cool thing is this: repentance is what changes us from clay to gold…from useless to useful.



If you're a grandparent, you might be interested in my grandparenting article: Joyful Grandparenting: Share Your Gifts. It's the first in a series of articles I'll be sharing on Grandparenting. 

5 comments:

  1. Gail, I'm so thankful that simply by repenting we become 'a lovely dish in God's house'...clay to gold. I'm off to read your grand-parenting article. Our sweet daughter-in-law is due in two weeks with our first grandchild...so exciting! Thanks for dropping by yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Gail. Always reminding us of to walk with the Lord. We should still search our hearts even after being saved for a long time because we can be blinded to sin in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder. Dropping by from Modest Mom.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...