Thursday

Things Mysterious

Romans 8:28, when bad things happen to God's people, when things don't make sense
In Split, Croatia, moving to avoid a stroller, I overlooked a cement ball and went tumbling into the street. 

After a long, uncomfortable train ride back to Budapest, I discovered I’d pulled my pcl,* a major knee ligament. The next 5 weeks, I iced, took anti-inflammatories and sat on the couch. I fulfilled my ministry commitments but not without some pain. 

Why would God allow this injury when I was in Budapest for ministry? 

Why did my friend Kim have a major accident on her way home from mission fund-raising? 

Why did Corrie Ten Boom, holocaust survivor with a life-changing message, suffer a stroke that left her unable to speak the last 5 years of her life? 

I don’t know. 

Where I fell--see the cement balls
But this I do know: “all things [big and small] God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose” (Romans 8:28, NIV). 

If something in your life doesn’t make sense, trust this promise! 
*posterior cruciate ligament
Have 1-Minute Bible Love Notes delivered to your email box:
For free email delivery enter your email address:


FeedBurner

3 comments:

  1. Quote Gail - "But this I do know: “all things [big and small] God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose” (Romans 8:28, NIV).

    If something in your life doesn’t make sense, trust this promise!"

    ((( AMEN )))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail, I am so sorry you got injured. We certainly do not understand why many things happen; but we must look at the bigger picture and see it could have been so much worse. Honestly, I think when satan knows what you are up to, he tries to cause trouble because he knows his days are numbered by Almighty God! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we need to learn to surrender to the mysteries of God. And this is a great reminder, Gail, that many things in life just don't make sense this side of eternity. I do know that they strengthen my faith, so maybe that's enough. Thanks for your thought-provoking post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...