He Gave Up His Leg

Seeing a young soldier who'd lost his leg in battle made me ask some serious questions about my faith in Christ. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

"Would you mind carrying my food tray?” a young soldier with only one leg asked me.

This happened several years ago when we were in the cafeteria at Walter Reed Military Hospital. 

It was sobering to see so many young men crippled and disfigured by war. 

No matter how you feel about a particular war effort, you cannot help but be challenged by men and women who believe in something strongly enough to fight for it, especially when they’ll carry the scars of battle the rest of their lives. 

It made me ponder the spiritual war going on around me every day.

What sacrifices am I willing to make for my beliefs? What price am I willing to pay for the One who paid the ultimate price for me? 

I doubt I’ll ever suffer physical injury for Christ, but will I wholeheartedly make easier sacrifices?

“Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. No one serving as a soldier gets involved in civilian affairs—he wants to please his commanding officer.” 2 Tim. 2:3,4

Help us be good soldiers, Lord!

Seeing a young soldier who'd lost his leg in battle made me ask some serious questions about my faith in Christ. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

1 comment: