- He grew up with siblings from four different mothers.
- His half-sister was raped.
- Two half-brothers went on a vengeful killing spree.
- One half-brother slept with the mother of another half-brother.
- An older half-brother fathered a child with his own daughter-in-law!
Psychologists tell us that two things determine how we’ll turn out—heredity and environment. If that were true, Joe wouldn’t have had a chance.
But Joe, or Joseph as he’s called in the Bible, chose not to let his heredity and environment determine the outcome of his life.
And we can do the same…when we choose to trust God instead of our circumstances! Whatever is troubling you today, give it to the Lord. There is no obstacle in your life too great for God to overcome!
“ in all things God works for the good of those who love him..” Romans 8:28 (NIV)
copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2011
I encourage you to read Joseph’s interesting story in Genesis 37-50, and why not copy down all of the obstacles he overcame.
Why not sign up for a free subscription to have 1-Minute Bible Love Notes delivered to your inbox each weekday?