Unscripted

Formulas work for math problems, but not for sharing Christ. This 1-minute devotion encourages us to be ourselves. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

We're called to make the most of every opportunity to share Christ (Ephesians 5:15-16). But we want to do it naturally as the Spirit leads us.

Some people are comfortable walking up to perfect strangers and sharing Christ. Others are not.

It's good to try evangelism “methods” that stretch us, even if they're outside our comfort zone.

But, in the end, our unique gifts and personality should determine our method for sharing Christ.

If someone has made you feel guilty because you don't share Christ the way they share Christ, relax. Guilt is never an effective motivation for evangelism.

Instead, let's be sensitive to God's Spirit and develop our own style of evangelism (Ephesians 2:10). It's best to share Christ without a “script,” allowing God's Spirit to direct us.

Why not take time today to consider ways you might share Christ more deliberately and more naturally with co-workers, neighbors, friends, and family.

For more on this important aspect of our faith, see Always Witnessing and Sharing Christ without Being Weird.

💙One way you can encourage Christian friends is to tell them about Bible Love Notes and encourage them to sign up for a free subscription so they can get a one-minute devotion in their email each weekday. See Stay Connected.


Formulas work for math problems, but not for sharing Christ. This 1-minute devotion encourages us to be ourselves.



Bible Love Notes

6 comments:

  1. Amen! What a wonderful thought! Yes, dear sister, I'm constantly having that feeling that I'm not able to street evangelize! Though everyday I'm filled with the burden for the perishing souls of my own country. I'm still praying for the right time to get involved. Your words were helpful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it was helpful, Sarah. The fact that you are burdened for the lost is the best motivation. I join you in praying that God will give you wisdom in sharing Christ in your way. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
      Gail

      Delete
  2. Thanks Gail. I have found that God puts the people in our paths/lives that He wants us to witness to, and provides the perfect timing, and the words for us to say. I read "don't tell me what Jesus can do for me, tell me what He's done for you". ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm feeling inclined to begin sharing Gospel tracs. I received one from a friend in high school that I studied and ultimately accepted Jesus. I'm almost 60 now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome... I'm sure you would hug this friend if you see him/her.

      Delete