Always Witnessing

Ephesians 5:15-16, we're always witnessing, we witness to waiters and waitresses
“A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person”    
Dave Barry

I used to be a waitress, on my feet 6 hours straight. I understand Barry’s quote.

It’s funny how a customer could be talking so pleasantly to his friends at the table yet snap at me for not getting his coffee fast enough. And we waitresses had a saying that proved remarkably true: “You’ll always get stiffed* by teachers and preachers.” 

I wasn’t a Christian then, but churchgoers witnessed each Sunday morning at our restaurant, some in a good way, some not.

Have you ever thought about the witness you have on waiters and waitresses, sales clerks and cashiers, mail men and repairmen? 

I’m not talking about sharing the Gospel. I’m talking about living it.

Ephesians 5:15,16 says:
“be very careful, then, how you live…making the most of every opportunity.” 

Whether we realize it or not…we’re always witnessing.
* stiffed was a term we used to mean you'd get no tip at all 

Always Witnessing

You can subscribe to Bible Love Notes 1-Minute devotions below: 
For free email delivery enter your email address:


FeedBurner

6 comments:

  1. Hi Gail - great reminder to be the same to all people. God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...yes, I used to be a waittress as well and the Sunday after church crowd was the most dreaded...sad, but true! And, yes we are always witnessing, we just have to be careful about what we are witnessing. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, too true. I am always so impressed with waitresses. I don't think I could do it. I do try to be kind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Gail...as soon as I read "Always Witnessing" a lady's face came to my mine's eye. I immediately was convicted of my several encounters with her in a medical office. For SOME reason she has "rubbed" me the wrong way everytime I came in contact with her for a conversation. It always left me feeling "down in spirit" when I left there and hoping not to ever have to "deal" with her again. My thoughts went to asking God about it and "feeling" that MY response to her was something I had to make a decision to change. Just yesterday I had the opportunity to see this lady...again. I shared the message of the "Bible Love Note" with her and that I was ashamed for my response to her on those several occassions and asked her to forgive me. She asked my forgivness as well. Thank you for the opening to "right" my "wrongs" with her. I ALWAYS was disappointed with "me" each time but needed that "spiritual nudge" to MOVE me...and of course swallowing my pride. It was WELL worth it. I pray that you will continue to enjoy what time you have left in Budapest :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Charlotte, what an encouraging comment. It blesses me to know that something I wrote convicted and blessed you. And it blesses me to see your honesty and committment in recognizing something and doing something about it! You've really applied your faith to your life. Thanks so very much for taking the time to tell me about this. I pray it blesses others who read the comments. Bless you!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...