5 Ways to Make Your Personal Bible Study More Meaningful

5 Ways to Make Your Personal Bible Study More Meaningful. It's always worthwhile to improve our Bible study!

It's always profitable to do things that add interest and meaning to our time in God's Word. 

Here are some things I've found helpful: 

1. Make your own concordanceFor example, I once went through the New Testament and wrote down every mention of prayer. It gave me a full context understanding of a subject that can easily be misunderstood if passages are taken out of context. See Understanding Prayer in Context

2. Use a Bible study book during your quiet time or use free online Bible studies such as Bite Size Bible Study. It's great to read Scripture, but we also need to study it.

3. Use a devotional like Wisdom for Life. Look up each verse and do the "For Further Thought" section if you have time. And if you order a copy of Wisdom for Life, be sure to download the free Bible studies that go with it.*

4. Listen to the Bible. Bible Gateway offers dramatized and regular readings of the Bible in multiple versions HERE. And it's free. Turn it on and do housework or exercise because "faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ." Romans 10:17

5. Ask God for creative ways to interact with His Word (James 1:5). He wants us to know Him better!  

"Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15


Enhancing our Bible study is 
always worth the effort! 

These devotions can help:

Better than Morning Coffee

Patio Time with God

Spice Up Your Quiet Time

* To find out more about Wisdom for Life, check out the landing page: Wisdom for Life. And if you want to get an idea of the book content, read the first four devotions by clicking to read or view or listen to an audible sample on Amazon or Lifeway. 


5 Ways to Make Your Personal Bible Study More Meaningful. It's always worthwhile to improve our Bible study!


Bible Love Notes

6 comments:

  1. I like to write my prayers in a journal. My words and ideas seem to flow better when I write my prayers. I also write down Scriptures that speak to me each day. Sometimes I add doodles or fancy lettering to accompany what I am writing. I even went to the dollar store and stocked up on different colored pens to draw and write with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great ideas! I also like to draw little pictures to illustrate bible verses from time to time. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  2. I've started making sketches inspired by one or two verses of my morning Bible reading. I share them on Instagram >> http://instagram.com/titus_two_friends << And it inspires others and sharing the Good News on the internet (yay!) is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I belong to an online community and use their workbooks as we work through the Bible verse by verse daily alongside their app (with teachings and a space to comment or make notes). In the evening though, I listen to the audio Bible online, and follow along with a reading plan for covering the whole Bible in a year. The verse by verse study I do in the mornings is covering the Bible over a period of 4 years. I also have a journal where I note some profound teachings or special verses, sometimes I doodle in my journal - I should use it more! My intention this year is to intentionally memorize more scripture verses. I can memorize songs easily and my hearts been convicted that I need to be more intentional about memorizing Scripture - the only way I can confidently move forward in outreach is to have sound Biblical answers (in context and with accurate recall when questions come up).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great ideas. You are doing great at filling your heart and mind with Scriptures. Keep up the good work!!

      Delete