I'm Too Busy

There's nothing wrong with keeping busy...or is there? It depends. This 1-minute devotion explains. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible
“I’m too busy.” 

How often I’ve said this!

Sometimes births, holidays, sickness, family problems, and life transitions leave me no alternative. But usually I choose what will keep me busy, and what keeps me busy reflects my values and priorities.

Even though people rarely think of busyness as a sin, it’s often a result of pride, foolishness, laziness, irresponsibility, or lack of planning.

God’s principles can help:
  • Johns 15--Jesus is glorified when we “bear much fruit," but we produce inferior fruit when we spread ourselves too thin.
  • Ephesians 2:10--God has prepared purposes for us. Even when we busy ourselves with lots of good things, we can miss the best things.
  • Colossians 3:23-24--God is our boss. He can help us plan our schedule and prioritize our lives.
Permanent Link for this devotion: https://biblelovenotes.blogspot.com/2012/10/im-too-busy.html
God isn’t calling us to busyness—He is calling us to His priorities and purposes.

If you have too many commitments, pray about which to trim from your schedule. If you’ve been wasting time, pray about ways to de-clutter your schedule and set solid priorities.
-------------------

Free Subscription to 1-Minute Bible Love Notes
Why not add more of God's Word to your busy schedule by having a 1-minute devotion delivered to your email each weekday. Sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet. Find out more HERE.

There's nothing wrong with keeping busy...or is there? It depends. This 1-minute devotion explains. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible


Bible Love Notes

5 comments:

  1. So good to think on this morning. I am always busy. I will think twice before saying I am 'too busy' and consider my priorities. Thank you so much, Gail. You are always a good shot of espresso!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post goes right along with the retreat that I was on this past weekend, as well as the Bible study, No Other Gods by Kelly Minter, that we started last night! God wants me to "get this" for sure!!!
    I may share this and repost on my blog if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So important in this culture where being busy is almost a sickness. Sometimes if I am not doing Something, I will fidget and get restless. This definitely speaks to my heart. Thanks for sharing at Mom's Library!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so true. It is so much easier to say no to something upfront than to try to get out of it later. When someone asks me to commit to something now, I ask if I can have time to pray about it...I began doing this after I realized I was waaay too busy - and that it was stressing my family out. Doing this gives me time to pray, reflect, talk to my husband, and evaluate if this will add unnecessary strain on our family. Its a lifesaver...its not an automatic "no", but gives me time to formulate a kind refusal if necessary. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very wise thing to do, Rosilind. Thanks for sharing this suggestion.

      Delete