Did You Know There's a Rock that Protects and Saves?

Let's look at some wonderful reasons Christ is called our ROCK.

We've talked about Jesus as our foundation and Jesus as our cornerstone. Now let's look at Christ as the Rock of our protection:

The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.… For who is God besides the LORD? And who is the Rock except our God?... The LORD lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be God my Savior!  Psalm 18:2,31,46

We can always find refuge, comfort, peace, and hope in our Lord:

Be my rock of refuge, to which I can always go; give the command to save me, for you are my rock and my fortress. Psalm 71:3

We can depend on our Rock to lift us out of pits of discouragement, confusion, and self-pity: 

He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. Psalm 40:2

But the most important aspect of our protection in Christ is found in Psalm 62:2,6-7:

Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.… My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. 

Why not take some time today to ponder these passages and the two below and ask God to give you insights into Christ's character as our Rock.

💙💙💙

Psalm 61:2: “From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I.”  

Psalm 92:15: “The LORD is upright; he is my Rock, and there is no wickedness in him.” 

And I encourage you to read The High Rock.


Let's look at some wonderful reasons Christ is called our ROCK.



Bible Love Notes


No comments:

Post a Comment