The Fake Jesus Is All About "Love" and the Real Jesus Is All About Love

In this second in the "Fake Jesus Series" the definition of love is addressed. Scripture defines genuine love for God and man.


Our culture has created a fake version of Jesus, and their Jesus promotes worldly love.”

Worldly love is all about following your heart and doing whatever makes you happy. Culture defends and romanticizes this selfish love even though it sends people to Hell.

In contrast, the real Jesus demonstrated godly love with His sacrificial redemption. He teaches us that love is about obedience, self-denial, and purity, things which protect and fulfill us in godly ways.  

Obedience to God's commands doesn't save us, but once we're saved, we do our best to turn from our sins and seek God's purposes. That's how we express genuine love.

John 14:21: Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”

John 15:9-10: “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love.  

1 John 5:3-4: In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.

Obedience, purity, and self-denial aren't popular, but they are vital aspects of genuine love.


I encourage you to check out this collection of one-minute devotions about the true meaning of love:

God's Love Notes

I especially recommend What I Learned about God from Cartoons and Cinnamon Rolls and God's Love Is Better than Unconditional.

I also encourage you to check out the Wisdom for Life devotional -----------------➤

 

In this second in the "Fake Jesus Series" the definition of love is addressed. Scripture defines genuine love for God and man.


Bible Love Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment