Tuesday

Time With God and Cartoons and Cinnamon Rolls - Psalm 84:10

Psalm 84:10, Better is 1 day in God's courts than 1000 elsewhere, spending time with God
A single day in God's courts is better than 1000 anywhere else...

‘What time is it?’ I thought, opening my eyes. 

Two little smiles met my sleepy gaze. ‘Oh, yes,’ I reminded myself, ‘my granddaughters spent the night.’

“Would you like to watch cartoons?” I asked, hoping to get a little more sleep.

“No!” said Gracie emphatically.

“I thought you liked cartoons.” I responded.

“We’d rather spend time with you, Grammy” said Emma.

Well, you can guess that’s all it took to get me out of bed and into the kitchen where my two helpers made a huge mess and a pan of cinnamon rolls.

So often my grandchildren make me think about my relationship with God.

How often have I chosen TV over time with God, and not because He wanted to sleep in! I want that to change...and it will when I truly come to realize this:

“A single day in your courts, [Lord], is better than a thousand anywhere else!” Psalm 84:10a (NLT)
copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2011
This is a re-post from the 2011 archives

cinnamon and butter everywhere!
If you'd like to receive Bible Love Note 1-minute devotions in your email box, sign up below--IT'S FREE. (Be sure to validate the Feedburner email sent immediately to your email box.)
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

2 comments:

  1. Each night when I kneel to pray I think of how wonderful it is to just be alone in a quite place with my Lord. I am guilty of letting my day run away with me, too. There are so many distractions . . . and I get caught up in them so easily. I'm adding you to my prayer list and I hope that you will do the same for me. Prayer is wonderful warfare:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Connie. I so appreciate the prayers!
      And I will pray for you as well.
      Gail : )

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...