It's Published! And I'm Excited!

I'm so excited...let me tell you why! And let me share both a video and a sneak peek.

On February 21, 2023, my book Wisdom for Life was finally published and available! To celebrate, I am sharing the first devotion in the book with you. 

I’ve shared the poem before, but I also wanted to share the text. If you’d rather listen to me reading the devotion, scroll down to the video at the bottom.

I'm so excited...let me tell you why! And let me share both a video and a sneak peek.
From Wisdom for Life, pages 3–4.

Isn’t it wonderful that the Creator of the universe cares so deeply about our lives that He gave us a book to help us through our time on earth and prepare us for our life in eternity? 

When we realize our need for God’s Word, it’s life changing. We begin to see the power and understanding Scripture gives us, the wisdom and truth it provides, and the nourishment it offers our hearts, souls, and minds. 

We can say with the psalmist: “I rejoice in the way revealed by your decrees as much as in all riches. I will meditate on your precepts and think about your ways. I will delight in your statutes; I will not forget your word” (Ps. 119:14–16). 

God reveals Himself in His written Word. May it be our most valuable resource as we seek to know Him intimately. 

Let me share a poem I wrote that communicates my prayer for you, for myself, and for all Christ followers.

A Woman of the Word 
By Gail Burton Purath 
 
The Bible wore her imprint 
It’s cover soft from use 
The pages rubbed and wrinkled 
The binding coming loose 
 
And even if this Christian 
And her Bible were apart 
She still would have it with her 
Hidden in her heart 
 
Oh, make me such a woman, Lord 
Who hungers to be fed 
Who cherishes a line from You 
More than her daily bread 
 
And when my days are over 
May it be my epitaph 
“She longed to spend more time with Him
 And now is doing that.” 
 
copyright 2023 by Gail Burton Purath
 
My prayer is that my book Wisdom for Life will increase readers' love and respect for God and give them a deepening desire to spend time in His Word. 
 

https://www.amazon.com/Wisdom-Life-Devotional-One-Minute-Reflections/dp/1087775760

Read the story behind Wisdom for Life HERE. And find out about the two free Bible studies with purchase HERE. To find out where you can order Wisdom for Life in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, South Africa, and the Philippines, see It's Not for the Money.
 

 
I'm so excited...let me tell you why! And let me share both a video and a sneak peek.
 


Bible Love Notes

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Martin. You are way ahead of me - you have a whole collection of published books. Congratulations.

      Delete
  2. Muchas felicidades Gail el Señor ha sido bueno va delante abriendo camino. La gloria sea para El Padre Eterno y le damos gracias. Nos unimos a ti en este logro en el nombre de Jesús. God is good.

    ReplyDelete