This is How God Defines Love in 1 John 5:3

God pulls no punches when he describes love in 1 John 5:3. Many will be surprised by this definition. #Bible #BibleLoveNotes #Biblestudy

I love how God’s Word blends into an orchestra of truth.

For example, Matthew 11:28-30 says:
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Christ gives us rest as we take on His yoke of purposes, learning to obey Him. He’s God, yet He’s so humble He welcomes us to walk with Him.

First John 5:3 says the same thing more concisely:
“This is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome.”

Second John 1:6 is a bit more concise:
"And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands."

And John 14:15 is the Bible Love Note’s version:
"If you love me, keep my commands."

I love how God’s Word blends into an orchestra of truth.

You might also enjoy "Scripture Harmony" another 1-minute devotion about the blending of Scripture.
--------------------------
Why not add some more of God's Word to your schedule by having a 1-minute devotion delivered to your email each weekday. Sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet. Find out more HERE.

God pulls no punches when he describes love in 1 John 5:3. Many will be surprised by this definition. #Bible #BibleLoveNotes

1 comment:

  1. Yes...its like : children who obey their parents show their Love to mom and dad. And parents just Love obedient kids! To love God is to be obedient!

    ReplyDelete