Give Your Burdens to the Lord - Ps. 55:22, 1 Peter 5:7

fears, worries, burdens, the cross of Christ
If you enjoy this devotion, sign up for a free subscription HERE.
--------------
There was a burden in my life that I carried over ten years.

It wore me down, affected my health, damaged my witness.

Some burdens we create for ourselves. We can unpack those through forgiveness, repentance, or attitude changes. 

But some burdens are placed on our backs by life circumstances, loved ones or enemies and nothing we do will unpack them. They aren’t under our control.

No, we can’t unpack them…but we can unload them.

On Valentine’s Day this year, I gave myself a Valentine.

I drew a picture of myself kneeling at the cross and laying my burden down.

I dated it and signed it, and I plan to look at that drawing whenever I think of picking that burden up again. 

When I reach for the burden, I’m going to grab the cross instead and recommit that burden to the Lord.

Do you have a burden you need to unload?

"Give your burdens to the LORD, and he will take care of you." Psalm 55:22 and 1 Peter 5:7


If you want to commit your burden to the Lord, why not write it down so you will have a record of it. 

Date it and place it somewhere you can refer to it - maybe in your Bible. 

Let it remind you that the Lord now carries it, not you.

Or you might want to make this reminder a part of your journal. 

If you'd like to learn more about creative journaling and how it can enhance your quiet time, check out the Bible Love Note's Facebook group Jesus Journaling that has over 1600 members who share their creative efforts and insights.

 

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful illustration Gail. This reminds me of Pilgrim's Progress. When Pilgrim reached the foot of the cross, the straps holding the load/burden on his back broke. The burden fell off, he was free. Thank you for sharing this Gail and showing your own vulnerability. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enter your comment...thanks Gail,this has really fix me up ,yah it has really put me in the right track,and it reminded me of a dream I once had,God spoke to me,daughter, focus to heaven,

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...