4 Scriptures to Comfort You When You're Lonely

Have you ever felt alone, afraid, discouraged, depressed? Then bookmark or pin this 1-minute devotion because it offers some real help! #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

A move away from family, death of a loved one, sickness, a broken relationship…loneliness takes many forms. 

It can leave us feeling rejected, isolated, and fearful.

When the Psalmist felt lonely, he knew where to take his anguish:
"Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Relieve the troubles of my heart and free me from my anguish." Psalm 25:16-17

When we’re feeling lonely, we also should take our concerns to the Lord and find comfort in His Word:

Rejected?
"Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will receive me." Psalms 27:10

Isolated?
"I am convinced that neither death nor life … nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39

Fearful?
"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

Brokenhearted?
"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." Psalm 147:3

God cares!
-------------
https://www.amazon.com/Wisdom-Life-Devotional-One-Minute-Reflections/dp/1087775760

I encourage you to check out the Wisdom for Life Devotional. It contains 100 one-minute devotions to challenge, encourage, instruct, and inspire your love for God's Word. Read the story behind Wisdom for Life HERE. And find out about the two free Bible studies with purchase HERE. You can read the first 4 devotions in the book by clicking "look inside" or "read sample" on Lifeway or Amazon.
 
I also encourage you to sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet. Find out more HERE.

Have you ever felt alone, afraid, discouraged, depressed? Then bookmark or pin this 1-minute devotion because it offers some real help!



Have you ever felt alone, afraid, discouraged, depressed? Then bookmark or pin this 1-minute devotion because it offers some real help! #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

4 comments:

  1. I love this post! I’m a single woman living in NYC and during this pandemic I’ve become easily distracted and emotional, but no matter what I will continue to pray and trust Him because only God knows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Wendy

      Yes, I think many of us are easily distracted and more emotional during this pandemic because it has disrupted our normal schedules and activities and it is unpredictable at this point.

      I'm so glad you are trusting God during this time. I pray He will continue to comfort you.

      Delete
  2. I can definitely relate to Miss Wendy; I'm a widower now, and I have noticed an increase in anxiety because even though it's been 2 years now... and with the added stress of this pandemic, I've become extremely lonely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Unknown,
      Yes, many people are feeling the pressures of loneliness like never before due to the isolation and limitations of the pandemic. I pray that you will find new ways of recognizing God's comfort and connecting with people safely.
      God bless you.
      Hang in there!

      Delete