Wednesday

4 Scriptures to Comfort You When You're Lonely

A move away from family, death of a loved one, sickness, a broken relationship…loneliness takes many forms. 

It can leave us feeling rejected, isolated, and fearful.

When the Psalmist felt lonely, he knew where to take his anguish:
"Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Relieve the troubles of my heart and free me from my anguish." Psalm 25:16-17

When we’re feeling lonely, we also should take our concerns to the Lord and find comfort in His Word:

Rejected?
"Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will receive me." Proverbs 27:10

Isolated?
"I am convinced that neither death nor life … nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39

Fearful?
"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

Brokenhearted?
"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." Psalm 147:3

God cares!


Linked to Mommy Moments and Modest Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...