Let God Use Your Sorrows

Let God Use Your Sorrows (Romans 8:28)
For years I've prayed fervently about a sad situation, but it remains the same.
  • I've begged God for answers that haven't come.
  • I've "known" God would fix it.
  • I've gotten depressed.
  • I've obsessed over it.
But as the years have gone on, I'm learning to simply trust God. 

Now my prayers are more like this:
"Dear Lord, you know how much I want this situation to change, but if You are allowing it for my good (Romans 8:28), help me deal with it in ways that please You."

We don't understand every reason God allows hardships in our lives, but I know this trial has:

1. Reminded me how much I need God.
2 Corinthians 1:8-9

2. Given me compassion for others who are suffering.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4

3. Taught me perseverance.
James 1:2-4

Are you suffering in some area of your life? Then join me in depending on His strength, comforting others, and persevering!

If you liked this devotion sign up below for a free subscription and have a 1-minute devotion delivered to your email each weekday.
After signing up, you'll be sent a FEEDBURNER email. Click link in that email to start your subscription
 .


Enter your email address

Let God Use Your Sorrows (Romans 8:28)

9 comments:

  1. God bless the broken-hearted and is close to the lowly in spirit. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my tears last night the Lord reminded me that in my many sorrows I've learned to trust Him more! Thanks for confirmation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God is the best Comforter!
      May you feel His arms around you as you navigate your present sorrow.
      Gail

      Delete
  3. Really needed to read this Gail. Thank u so much for this. God bless you ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that it was helpful, Laurin.
      God bless you too : )

      Delete
  4. Thank you! I am having trouble handling a difficult situation the way I know the Lord wants me to. Good reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too have prayed, waited, prayed some more over a couple of situations myself over several years, some changes were made and some seems to be worse, but though it all I have come to trust and rely on God more and more. To realize that even tho I have not received the answers I thought i needed or the situations change I know that He is in the middle of it all and He has taken care of me and seen me through all this time. So yes i too will wait on the Lord for HIS timeing is perfect for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your story, Jada. Many of us have this experience and it's such a blessing to know that God is enough!
      God bless you.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...