No Regrets

I was hungry and you fed me, Mt 25:31-26, caring for others
When East and West Germany were divided, a German friend regularly sent packages to her relatives in Communist East Germany where life was hard.

She anticipated the future: "One day they'll be free, and when I see them, I want them to remember I cared."

It's easy to forget about those in need when we are comfortable and well-fed, but we Christians also should anticipate the future.

One day we will stand before our Lord and we want Him to say "I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, ... thirsty and you gave me something to drink, ... a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, ... sick and you looked after me, ... in prison and you came to visit me." Matthew 25:31-46

In 1989, my German friend's relatives were freed and she had no reason for regret.

If we want to stand before Christ without regret, we must regularly ask Him how we can minister to those in need, especially our brothers and sisters in Christ (Galatians 6:10).

1 comment:

  1. I pray we are the extension of9hands and feet...🙋

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...