Christianity and Karma are not Compatible

We need to accurately understand what the Bible teaches because many Christians have adopted a false belief I call "Christian Karma." This 1-minute devotion explains.

Some Christians don't recognize it, but they've adopted a philosophy I call "Christian karma."

Instead of realizing that bad things often happen to good people (e.g. Joseph, Apostle Paul), and good things often happen to bad people, they feel that every problem is connected to a sin.

Like Job's Friends they think people somehow deserve their problems.

This belief isn't scriptural and it adds an unfair burden to the person who is already suffering. It's one thing when sin is clearly linked to a problem (e.g. an alcoholic gets cirrhosis or a promiscuous teen gets pregnant). But judging people when there's no clear link is "Christian karma."

In John 9:2-3, the disciples thought sickness was always related to sin and Jesus corrected them. In Luke 13:1-5, Jesus said those killed in a political massacre and fallen tower were no more deserving than those who survived.

Galatians 6:7-8 says a man reaps what he sows. But unlike karma, God doesn't promise justice here on earth (2 Thessalonians 1:6-7), and He doesn't promise a carefree life for those who are righteous (John 16:33). 

Let's be fully Christian and quit mixing Hinduism with Christianity (Colossians 2:8).
----------------------
Read a fuller explanation of the differences between karma and Galatians 6:7-8 HERE.  

If you don't know what karma is, here's an explanation: Karma

https://www.amazon.com/Wisdom-Life-Devotional-One-Minute-Reflections/dp/1087775760

I encourage you to check out the Wisdom for Life Devotional. It contains 100 one-minute devotions to challenge, encourage, instruct, and inspire your love for God's Word: Wisdom for Life. Read the story behind Wisdom for Life HERE. And find out about the two free Bible studies with purchase HERE. You can read the first 4 devotions in the book by clicking "look inside" on Lifeway or Amazon.
 
I also encourage you to sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet. Find out more HERE.

We need to accurately understand what the Bible teaches because many Christians have adopted a false belief I call "Christian Karma." This 1-minute devotion explains.



We need to accurately understand what the Bible teaches because many Christians have adopted a false belief I call "Christian Karma." This 1-minute devotion explains.


Bible Love Notes

13 comments:

  1. Amen! I am amazed at Christians believing in Karma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad God lead me to read this because I never believe in Karma. But when pain came in life I did get those feelings an the more I pray an seek God became Holy an fasting an just giving my life To Jesus He remove that from my heart so this was confirmation for me this morning!Because I truly forgive that person an now God is helping me to move on in my life

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great short easy to understand information. I have family that are confused regarding this topic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this! So many of these lies have begun to poison modern CHRISTianity, and it must break our LORD's heart. He won me late in life, and I had to unlearn a lot of New-Age/Eastern-Mysticism garbage, but our LORD is so faithful. One of the best lessons The Beloved Teacher ever taught me was to check absolutely everything any human being says (no matter how "holy" or "wise" they seem) by The Living Word and pray for wisdom the whole time... More of us need to be like the Bereans, Forever Family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you and it's sad that so many 'Christians' know so little about the God of the Bible. Their faith is based on what the newspaper says near the comics but if they knew the God of the Bible. They'd know he don't think false gods are funny and he's not laughing at the comics

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow i cannot believe that Christians would embrace things that is not scriptural but I am not entirely surprise, I am from South Africa and there are Christian (minority) that believe in Christian Ancestral Worship meaning they believe in Jesus as well as in their dead family members/ancestors. Both these are ungodly and not scriptural and it only amounts to idol worship.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very important teaching for those who have ears.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Test everything.....hold fast to what is true.............

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, thank you for writing this article.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I use to believe in karma. I now believe in gods plan.This was all before I started my walk with Jesus. When we work for god tho, we are working for the higher good. Things happen to people, and only god knows why. Not just good to bad people, or bad things to good people. We all have choices in life, and we all will have consequences of those choices. Only God can judge and punish accordingly, but the best thing we can always do as Gods children, is pray for our confused brothers and sisters. Father forgives because they know not what they do. ��

    ReplyDelete
  11. Even though I've been a Christian for a long time and I believe what goes around comes around, especially when I have a calculative nature, the belief in karma is strong. When I read this verse

    "Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord"

    Romans 12:19 (NKJV)

    I realised that I have to let God have the last say. It's not up to me to determine someone's comeuppance.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So good things happen to good and bad people ? And vise versa ? I'm confused . I'm very judgemental but im trying to change .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Moses,
      We live in a fallen world, and we can't explain everything that happens. God never causes sin, but He uses it for good in the lives of His people. And He allows bad and good in everyone's life. Some people might have problems based on their sins, but there is not an explanation for everything that happens.

      Delete