Only 4%

The statistics for salvation can be discouraging until you understand this principle. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

Studies show that 86% of Christians came to Christ before 14, 10% Between ages 15-30, and only 4% after 30 (source).

I knew these statistics when I felt the Lord prompt me to share Christ with my 88-year-old aunt. 

Even though she always went to church, she was a difficult person, and not afraid to cut you to the quick if she didn't like something you said. 

What would she think if I suggested she'd never accepted Christ?

But I felt God prompt me, so I obeyed, and I was more shocked than anyone when she admitted she'd never asked Christ to be her Lord and wanted to pray with me.

And she genuinely changed that day. Jesus made her kinder for her few remaining years of life. 

I shared this story with my granddaughter the other day, and she said I needed to write about it so we'd all be braver about sharing the Gospel. (See Matthew 28:19 and Colossians 4:5).

She's right. Let's not let statistics stop us.

Do you have a salvation story that "beat the odds?" I'd love to have you share it in a comment.
-------------
https://www.amazon.com/Wisdom-Life-Devotional-One-Minute-Reflections/dp/1087775760

I encourage you to check out the Wisdom for Life Devotional. It contains 100 one-minute devotions to challenge, encourage, instruct, and inspire your love for God's Word. Read the story behind Wisdom for Life HERE. And find out about the two free Bible studies with purchase HERE. You can read the first 4 devotions in the book by clicking "look inside" on Lifeway or AmazonIn addition, you can buy the book in Kindle format on Amazon and as an ebook on other sites.
 
I also encourage you to sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet. Find out more HERE.

The statistics for salvation can be discouraging until you understand this principle.




The statistics for salvation can be discouraging until you understand this principle. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

3 comments:

  1. My husband is currently doing the Alpha course for the first time at the age of 50. And something is stirring in him. He says he needs to find balance in his life. I have been praying for him for 20 years - praise God, he hears us and answers in his time according to his will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For over 30 years, I prayed for my father's salvation. Every time I would share the Lord with him he would belittle my message. 10 days before he died, my teenage son shared with him the message of salvation in a brand new way. He described standing on a railroad track & waiting for the train to hit him. He knew he deserved this and saw no way out. He said that at that moment Jesus stood in his place and said that he would take this final punishment on his behalf because He loved him. For some reason my father could understand this sacrifice. We spoke of what Jesus did for us on the cross & he prayed and asked for forgiveness & for salvation. Against all odds my father opened his heart to Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing this, Sonya. God gave your son great wisdom, and I'm sure that your faith, prayers, and your past explanations to your father also helped him understand.

      Delete