Friday

He Sees Our Sins

God sees our sins, God never forgets our sins
"When God looks at you, He only sees Jesus. He doesn't see your sins or imperfections."  ~ popular saying among Christians

I cringe a bit when I hear this statement. It's not found in Scripture.

When we become Christians, we're forgiven of every sin because of Christ's death, but God still sees our sins and weaknesses as well as our strengths.

Salvation doesn't make us perfect and it doesn't make us a Jesus impersonator. 

It allows Jesus to begin changing us from the inside out....because we need to be changed.

If someone tells us we're great just the way we are, we have no reason to change.

God never does this. Because He loves us, He has huge expectations for our transformation (Matthew 10:38; Romans 12:1-2; Philippians 2:12-13; Ephesians 5).

In fact, God disciplines us because He loves us and uses hardships to help us grow in righteousness (Hebrews 12).

That's the kind of God we have and the kind we need!

See also: Does God "forget" our Sins?

4 comments:

  1. I believe it is in the Bible:

    2 Cor 5:21:
    "God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God."

    Galatians 2:21:
    "I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!"

    Though I do understand kind of what you're saying- i.e., our righteousness in Christ should never be used as an excuse to sin or to continue in sin. But for someone who struggles with sin issues in their life, these scriptures are lifesavers...of course God sees my sin, but as a believer in Christ, he doesn't count it against me. I'm forgiven eternally. That's what salvation is all about. Thank you, Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe it is in the Bible:

    2 Cor 5:21:
    "God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God."

    Galatians 2:21:
    "I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!"

    Though I do understand kind of what you're saying- i.e., our righteousness in Christ should never be used as an excuse to sin or to continue in sin. But for someone who struggles with sin issues in their life, these scriptures are lifesavers...of course God sees my sin, but as a believer in Christ, he doesn't count it against me. I'm forgiven eternally. That's what salvation is all about. Thank you, Jesus.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...