Even though injustice is part of life, I get bent out of shape when someone mistreats me.
My only hope for getting “unbent” is to meditate on the attitude of Christ.
“Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
Who being in very nature God…made himself nothing…humbled himself and became obedient to death—even death on a cross!” Philippians 2:5-8
- Being God, He was called the Devil.
- Being loving, He was hated.
- Being innocent, He was crucified.
- Being King of Kings, He became our servant.
- Being blameless, He took our blame.
- Being sinless, He died for our sin.
But God can turn mistreatment around—to help others and train us to have attitudes like Christ's.
When mistreated, I can get bent out of shape, or “bent into shape.”
Will you join me today to pray for the "right bent"?
copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2011
If you'd like Bible Love Notes one-minute devotions sign up for a free subscription below, and be sure to validate the Feedburner email sent to you.