Slip On Your Own Shoes - Ephesians 2:10


I couldn't fit them in my suitcase, so I gave some shoes to a friend. 

They were one size too big for her but almost new, so she thought they'd work if she stuffed them with tissues. 

Ephesians 2:10,  Be yourself, Do ministry with your own gifts, Don't covet other people's giftsOne afternoon while wearing them, she found herself struggling with questions about her individuality. That's when she had this epiphany: "Stop trying to be someone else ... you can never fill someone else's shoes!"

"Ah, it was a freeing moment," she said.

Do you ever wish you were someone else: younger, older, married, single, taller, shorter, with different gifts or abilities?

Scripture tells us to imitate godly behavior, faithfulness, and devotion (1 Corinthians 11:1; Philippians 3:17) but we're not called to imitate other personalities or covet other people's lives.

God has designed us "one-of-a-kind" for His purposes.

So slip on YOUR shoes today and ask God to show you what He's specifically prepared for your gifts, personality, and sphere of influence (Ephesians 2:10).

If you liked this devotion sign up below for a free subscription and have a 1-minute devotion delivered to your email each weekday.
After signing up, you'll be sent a FEEDBURNER email. Click link in that email to start your subscription
 .

Enter your email address

5 comments:

  1. I love this story. My 11 year old granddaughter is struggling with this issue. I am printing this to share with her next week when she comes home from her mothers'. If you have space on your prayer list, please add a request for "Grace for Lillian". Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely put your granddaughter on my pray list, Regena.
      I'm glad this story is helpful to her.
      Gail : )

      Delete
  2. Love this, Gail! And I'm so glad to see you back in the linkup! Since I blog hop on Wednesday, I just never got around to your linkups, but it's not because I don't love what you do here! I hope your missionary work is going well too! Are you still out of the country?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth,
      I'm not sure how often I'll do blog hops, but I decided to do some this week. My schedule gets so full! Wish I could afford an assistant!

      Thanks for the encouraging words. I feel the same. I love your blog.
      Gail : )

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...