Rise and Shine - 4 Ways To Start The Day in a Jesus Mood

Rise and Shine, Wake up in a Jesus mood, 4 ideas
♪ ♫ "Rise and shine" is the name of a children's song popular in the 70's. I woke this morning with it on my mind.

It made me realize how important it is to wake up with God on our minds and dedicate our day to Him before we let our feet hit the floor.

Here's some ideas for doing that:

♥ Sing the refrain above and do a little "joy dance" when your feet hit the floor.
♥ Use Christian music for an alarm--much nicer than a buzzer.
♥ Put a Bible on your nightstand and read the Psalm of the day before rising (i.e. read Psalm 12 on the 12th of the month).
♥ Recite Ephesians 6:10-18 and symbolically put on the full armor of God to start your day.

Now give me your ideas for starting the day on a sweet Jesus note.

Want to hear this song? It's HERE on YouTube.

5 comments:

  1. I sometimes sing this to my daughter when I wake her up :) LOVE that little song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that idea.
      I'm sure it will be a special song to your daughter as well.
      : )

      Delete
  2. Gail I love to have my coffee with Jesus while reading my daily devotional before doing anything else. It puts my day in perspective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on that one! There's something about coffee and God's Word that makes every morning special! : )

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...