Martha Was Distracted But Mary Sat At Jesus' Feet - Luke 10:38-42

Mary and Martha, Luke 10:38-42, sitting at Jesus feet
The best place to be is at the feet of Jesus...

“Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made” Luke 10:40

In the story of Mary and Martha (Luke 10:38-42), Martha is so busy preparing a meal for Jesus that she doesn’t have time to visit with Him!

I sometimes fall into this ‘Martha trap.’ When doing housework, helping my husband or preparing for guests. Even when I’m writing a devotion for Bible Love Notes, I can focus on writing something interesting and concise instead of carefully listening to what God is saying in the Bible passage. Perhaps you, my reader, are aware when Martha writes the devotion instead of Mary.

Or there are those times when I make a decision and realize afterward that I never prayed about it! 

If you also have this problem from time to time, would you pray with me: Dear Lord, remind me to sit at Your feet daily.
copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2011 
On Tuesdays I publish a devotion from the 2011 archives. If you'd like a "double shot" of Scripture in your coffee today, read Even When We Can't See the Good.
    Sign up below for a free subscription.
    For free email delivery enter your email address:


    FeedBurner will send you an email. Click the link in that email to start your subscription.

    1 comment:

    1. Praying with you; Dear Lord, remind me to sit at Your feet daily.

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...