Martha Was Distracted But Mary Understood

The story of Mary and Martha gives us important principles about our attitude and priorities.

In the story of Mary and Martha (Luke 10:38-42), Martha is so busy preparing a meal for Jesus that she doesn’t have time to visit with Him!


“Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made” (Luke 10:40).

I sometimes fall into this “Martha trap,” allowing the daily responsibilities of life to get the best of me. Even when I’m writing a devotion for Bible Love Notes, I can focus on writing something interesting and concise instead of carefully listening to what God is saying in the Bible passage. And when I go back to edit it, I realize that Martha wrote the devotion instead of Mary.

Or there are those times when I make a decision and realize afterward that I never prayed about it! 

You don't need to be a woman to behave like Martha. Men can fall into this trap as well. 
 
So let's remember that when we seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, all other things will fall into place (Matthew 6:33).
 
💙💙💙

https://www.bhpublishinggroup.com/wisdom-for-life-devotional/

To reinforce the truths in this devotion, I encourage you to read Patio Time with God and Press On to a Healthy Routine with the Lord.  
 
And if you have Wisdom for Life, Day 97 is a good supplement to this devotion.
 
The story of Mary and Martha gives us important principles about our attitude and priorities.

 
 
The story of Mary and Martha gives us important principles about our attitude and priorities.
 



Bible Love Notes

2 comments:

  1. Praying with you; Dear Lord, remind me to sit at Your feet daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying with you to sit under the feet of Lord.

    ReplyDelete