Psalm 8: When Babies Praise Jesus

Psalm 8:2, praises of babies, praise silences satan
Cooing babies praise God whether we realize it or not...

When our daughter was born, I was a new believer and keenly aware of God's miracle of new life, both physically and spiritually. 

Baby Nicole had the sweetest habit of cooing while she slept. And when she accompanied me to my weekly Bible study a week after her birth, her coos were sweet background "music" to our prayers. 

Psalm 8 says God ordained "the praise of children and infants," and I'm convinced Nicole's baby coos were just that.*

When Christ entered Jerusalem, He said that if the crowds were silent, the rocks would cry out (Luke 19:37-40). 

If rocks ... why not cooing babies, chirping birds, humming cicadas, rolling ocean waves and rustling leaves? 

Psalm 8 also says the praise of infants silences God's enemies. If baby coos shut the mouth of Satan, let's do our part to do the same. 

Why not set a timer today and praise God every hour? And if you think of it, please pray for me. I will be traveling to Budapest, Hungary today, and I am going to try to incorporate praise into my 12 hour trip as much as possible.
* Psalm 8 is also referenced in Matthew 21:16

Would you like to do a short, bite-size Bible study on this devotion? Check it out HERE.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Ms.Gail,
    I am taking the challenge today to Praise God every hour..... as well as pray for you on your travels in addition.

    I loved this "devotion".... thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the prayers and I am so pleased you are taking the challenge! : )

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...