Transformers

Romans 12:1-2, don't conform but be transformed
If you live in a third world country on a middle class American income, you'll feel rich. 

But move into an upper class neighborhood in the States, and you'll feel poor. 

Our environment affects our perspective, our thinking and our values.

Watch enough TV and you'll begin to think that God's loving commands against premarital, extramarital and homosexual sex are outdated and irrelevant. 

Leaf through enough fashion magazines and you'll begin to redefine modesty. 

Hear enough profanities on the radio and you'll begin to sing along. 

Our values are influenced by: 

1. Our friendships--1 Corinthians 15:33

2. Our priorities--Galatians 6:7-8

3. The truths we dwell on-- Colossians 3:16; Matthew 4:4

And the Bible calls us to be transformers, not conformers: "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind" (Romans 12:2).

How about you--are you conforming or transforming?

7 comments:

  1. So very true, thanks for the breath of fresh air that came with this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've read my mind. How I pray for my family to know these things themselves. Amen. Thank you for this post! Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I walk deeper into God's truths, I'm finally able to say that I am no longer conforming to the world. And I pray that God keeps me on the straight and narrow until it's time to go home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Gail, it's a process for sure. I have to regularly evaluate things in my life to keep from conforming to the world, but it's a wonderful thing to see progress, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is very true.thank you for this daily devotion.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...