Sometimes I do things to enhance my time in God's Word.
Here's some things I've found helpful:
1. Make your own concordance--I once went through the New Testament and wrote down every mention of prayer...a great way to learn.
2. Use a Bible study book during your quiet time or do an online study like Bite Size Bible Study.
3. Use a devotional like My Utmost For His Highest, and read each verse referenced. Bible Gateway also offers a variety of devotional Bible studies online HERE. But make sure you read the Bible passages, not just the devotion.
4. Listen to the Bible on CD or online. Bible Gateway offers dramatized and regular readings of the Bible in multiple versions HERE. And it's free. Turn it on and do housework or exercise.
5. Ask God for creative ways to interact with His Word. (James 1:5)
Enhancing our Bible study is always worth the effort!
How do you make your Bible study more meaningful? I'd love to have you leave a comment and share your ideas with others.