5 Ways to Make Your Personal Bible Study More Meaningful

5 Ways to Make Your Personal Bible Study More Meaningful
Sometimes I do things to enhance my time in God's Word. 

Here's some things I've found helpful: 

1. Make your own concordance--I once went through the New Testament and wrote down every mention of prayer...a great way to learn. 

2. Use a Bible study book during your quiet time or do an online study like Bite Size Bible Study.

3. Use a devotional like My Utmost For His Highest, and read each verse referenced. Bible Gateway also offers a variety of devotional Bible studies online HERE. But make sure you read the Bible passages, not just the devotion.

4. Listen to the Bible on CD or online. Bible Gateway offers dramatized and regular readings of the Bible in multiple versions HERE. And it's free. Turn it on and do housework or exercise.

5. Ask God for creative ways to interact with His Word. (James 1:5)  

Enhancing our Bible study is always worth the effort! 

How do you make your Bible study more meaningful? I'd love to have you leave a comment and share your ideas with others.
5 Ways to Make Your Personal Bible Study More Meaningful

4 comments:

  1. I like to write my prayers in a journal. My words and ideas seem to flow better when I write my prayers. I also write down Scriptures that speak to me each day. Sometimes I add doodles or fancy lettering to accompany what I am writing. I even went to the dollar store and stocked up on different colored pens to draw and write with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great ideas! I also like to draw little pictures to illustrate bible verses from time to time. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  2. I've started making sketches inspired by one or two verses of my morning Bible reading. I share them on Instagram >> http://instagram.com/titus_two_friends << And it inspires others and sharing the Good News on the internet (yay!) is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...