The study cites these reasons:
- Setting goals too high
- Making goals too general
- Lacking accountability
- Lacking confidence to succeed
- Be Realistic: If you don't have a quiet time, don't resolve to spend an hour daily. Commit to fifteen minutes two days a week or five minutes daily. You can always do more.
- Be Specific: Use a Bible reading plan and make up a prayer list. Or read your Bible Love Note and look up the verse(s) it references. Or do each Monday's Bite Size Bible study which only takes 5-10 minutes.
- Be Accountable: Ask someone to check your progress.
- Be Honest: You can't do it on your own: Philippians 4:13.