Surrender - And Important Aspect of Faith in Christ

surrender to God and He will lift you up, Christian maturity is a process of continual surrender
Christian maturity is a process of giving ourselves fully to God...

"They have broken the yoke of the oppressor; and this they have done not by fighting but by surrendering." 
A.W. Tozer 

I wanted answers to all my God questions before I would agree to accept Christ. But I had to surrender and trust Christ with my questions. And that was not the end, but the beginning.

Christian maturity is a process of surrender. Just when we think we've surrendered it all, the Holy Spirit shows us something new.

Jesus told us it would be that way in Luke 9:23: "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me."  

Is there something you need to surrender today--a question, a person, a goal, a desire? Don't fight it.

Why not sign up for a free subscription to 1-Minute Bible Love Notes on the top sidebar? It's free!

3 comments:

  1. it is indeed a process of growth and development as we mature... surrendering daily to His will... that is where I want to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surrendering is a concept that I've been thinking about a lot lately. More specifically, the un-surrendered areas of my life. And just when I think I have something behind me, I slam right into a wall. Thanks for the encouraging word!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...