Guilty Until Proven Innocent

Bible critics do not approach the Bible fairly as they do with other literature. This one rule is always ignored. #Bible #BibleLoveNotes


Our laws are designed to treat defendants as innocent until proven guilty. 

But Bible critics approach the Bible as flawed until proven accurate.

For example: For hundreds of years unbelievers pointed out that there was no evidence for the existence of the Hittites mentioned in Deuteronomy 20:17. Then in 1906, the Hittite capitol was discovered with a library of clay tablets. 

Perhaps God has allowed some of these questions to remain because “faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.” (Hebrews 11:1).

We don’t need “blind faith” to trust the Bible because there's more evidence proving the Bible true than questions about its validity. But we should have faith in God's Word even without every question being answered. 

God isn’t afraid of our questions, so let’s not be afraid of His occasional silence! Let’s judge His Word innocent until proven guilty—because it never will be!

Resource: Presumed Innocent  

Check out the short Bible study based on this devotion on Bite Size Bible Study

Bible critics do not approach the Bible fairly as they do with other literature. This one rule is always ignored. #Bible #BibleLoveNotes


Bible Love Notes

7 comments:

  1. Amen, sister! You're right, God doesn't need to prove Himself to us or anyone else! But sometimes He provides evidence just to help those of us whose faith is weak from time to time!

    Also wanted to remind you that the "Making Your Home Sing Monday" linky party is up and ready for you to link up your posts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gail, such a great truth! We will never have all the answers anyway.
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not never because we are ensured that during the millennium there will be a great learning and all will be revealed and new scrolls will be opened

      Delete
  3. Amen!!! His word has done more in my life than any other thing I know. It has comforted me in times of sadness, it has lifted me when I was in a pitiful state, it has set my heart on fire with joy and peace and love unspeakable, it has convicted me when I was in the wrong, it has dug up rocks and hard places in me that needed tending too . . . I will put my trust in the word of my Lord . . . it is sweet pure water that nourishes my soul and spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make a great point, Gail. Our society truly does cast a suspicious eye at the scriptures. I've often felt like much of the truths held in the Bible that contradict science are just mysteries that God may or may not reveal one day ... like the verse that refers to the earth being an orb or sphere, written so many years before science determined that the world was flat. I think God must chuckle at our ignorance of His divine ways. Thanks for sharing this truth and challenging us to live by faith and not by sight, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for sharing this, Gail! it is true that we do not have all of the answers, but the father has the answers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly luv these readings and comments i enjoying reading make me feel so nice

    ReplyDelete