Not Home Yet

2 Cor. 4:16-17, Life on Earth is short, Life in heaven is forever, We are aliens and strangers in this world
Life and aging...
  •  At 35, my immune system collapsed, followed by 5 years of flu-like symptoms.
  • This threw off my hormones and I was post-menopausal at 40. (Über challenging).
  • I’ve had IBS for 20 years.
  • At 55 I had severe food poisoning; at 58, I broke my ankle; and at 60, I tore my PCL, all while doing Christian work overseas.
  • In the last few years, my hair has thinned, I've developed dry eye, lost some hearing in one ear, developed a sinus polyp, formed an inoperable cyst on one arch and a bunion.
  • This year’s flu left me with dry/burning mouth syndrome.*
However, at a recent doctor's appointment, the physician told me I was healthier than most 61-year-olds he sees.

Life reminds us that our world is fallen.
But the good news is this: We're not home yet.

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. "
2 Corinthians 4:16-18
* please pray for me. This has been a challenging year for my health. 

22 comments:

  1. i will certainly keep you in my thoughts/prayers gail ~
    ^)^ linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail, thank you for this reminder from God's Word which gives us a proper and powerful perspective! That's a Scripture I need to memorize. Thank you, friend. (And you are always in my prayers....)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your friendship and prayers are special to me, Kim.
      : )

      Delete
  3. Praying for you Gail. You are an example for so many of us. Keep up with your faith as it gives us a better perspective of what truly matters!
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your encouragement and prayers, Marta. : )

      Delete
  4. And the other part of that is,"work for the night is coming!" We often wonder why these issues occur but as long as there is work to do, we should do it. The joy of the Lord is my strength!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and Merrill have really lived out that saying, Carol, despite Merrill's health problems. Thanks for that example.

      Delete
  5. Thank yes, we need to thank our Lord every day for all the small mercies we so easily don't even realize as the gift it is from His hand!
    Much love
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are so many things we take for granted. Thanks for stopping by, Mia.

      Delete
  6. I really appreciated this glimpse into your life, Gail. You've been through a lot and I know you have not felt the greatest lately. That is so interesting that the dr. said you are healthier than most people your age!! I loved the analogy. You know, I keep thinking up posts in my head and often with some lame analogy (sorry about the word lame...I picked that up from my two teens, LOL).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry...I got distracted and didn't finish my thought.

      What I wanted ti say, is that, reading your BLNs almost daily has helped me to start seeing things in analogies.

      Delete
    2. I love your posts, Judith, and your heart behind them.

      I do think my mind thinks in analogies. I often think "there's a devotion in that situation." : )

      Delete
  7. May the Lord touch you & give you renewed strength & health. As long as you are drawing breath, He has you here for His purposes & His glory. I visited from Winsome Wednesday & I am glad that I did.
    Blessings,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. From 2005 through 2008 I felt like I was in worse shape than the patients I was taking care of as a nurse. Mandatory retirement for health reasons was not my plan. However three surgeries later, much therapy, much determination and much prayer, I am enjoying life again and so thankful for the gift of life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you are now enjoying good health again, Esther Joy. It is truly a blessing, isn't it? And we appreciate it even more when we've gone without it.

      Delete
    2. Thank God for your one minute devotion.I've learn a lot and spiritally fed and was reminded to pray for you and your health and ministry.

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much, for your prayers. They mean so much to me!
      God bless you.

      Delete
  9. I am so sorry you have had all those troubles! Actually kinda sounds like me....have you been check for food allergies or food sensitivities? I had IBS too but with removal of certain foods I am fine. I do have issues with extreme stress causing it to flare up. And no, we are not home yet! Looking forward to it! Thanks for linking up with me :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...