Friday

He Was My Angel

“He was my angel!” said the elderly women when she discovered my sister Vivian was Reid Burton’s daughter.

She explained that after her husband died our father helped with home repairs and paid some of her bills. Neither my sister nor I had heard her story, but we weren’t surprised. Our father was always helping others despite his struggle with Parkinson's Disease for the last 25 years of his life.

“I’m a lonely old woman,” her wrinkles softened, “and your father is still giving to me. Here you are, his daughter, and you took the time to introduce yourself, visit with me, and remind me of good things.”

My father passed away over 10 years ago, but his legacy lives on.

Whether we realize it or not, we all leave behind a legacy, good or bad.

“The righteous man walks in his integrity; blessed (happy, fortunate, enviable) are his children after him” (Proverbs 20:7, AMP)

I am today blessed, happy, fortunate, and enviable to have had such a father. Whether you were as blessed as I was or not, I encourage you to honor your father out of respect for God's commands.



Did you know Bible Love Notes has a Marriage Section?
Here's three:
Men are Not Women
Being Your Hubby's Girlfriend
Should a Good Wife Make Her Husband Breakfast?

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful legacy your Father left!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God for the legacy of a Godly father, and Praise God that He is the perfect, loving Father Who has adopted all believers as His children!
    Thanks for the great post and for hosting the linkup!
    God bless,
    Laurie
    http://savedbygracebiblestudy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...