He Was My Angel

Do you know what Proverbs 20:7 says about anyone who has a godly father? This 1-minute devotion asks you to consider what kind of legacy you will leave behind. #BibleLoveNotes #Biblestudy

“He was my angel!” said the elderly widow when she discovered who my father was.

She explained that after her husband died my father helped with home repairs and paid some of her bills. I'd never heard her story, but I wasn't surprised. 

My father was always helping others despite his 25-year struggle with Parkinson's Disease. And he often did things behind the scenes, not looking for the praise of men (Matthew 6:1-2).

He passed away over 15 years ago, but his legacy lives on.

“The righteous man walks in his integrity; blessed (happy, fortunate, enviable) are his children after him.” Proverbs 20:7, AMP

I am blessed, happy, fortunate, and enviable to have had such a father.  

I share this as a reminder to myself and to my readers that how we use our lives matters.

"For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10
---------------
 Free Subscription to 1-Minute Bible Love NotesWhy not add some more of God's Word to your schedule by having a 1-minute devotion like this one delivered to your email each weekday. Sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet. Find out more HERE.

Do you know what Proverbs 20:7 says about anyone who has a godly father? This 1-minute devotion asks you to consider what kind of legacy you will leave behind. #BibleLoveNotes #Biblestudy

Bible Love Notes

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful legacy your Father left!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God for the legacy of a Godly father, and Praise God that He is the perfect, loving Father Who has adopted all believers as His children!
    Thanks for the great post and for hosting the linkup!
    God bless,
    Laurie
    http://savedbygracebiblestudy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly blessed.God works in those quietly without boasting. Others do the praises, as it is supposed to be. Your father was a Godly man indeed.

    ReplyDelete