Why This Pinterest Craze?

Pinterest, God the creator, creative juices
Recently, one of my friends told me social networks are a waste of time and she’d never spend time on one.

“I think I can change your mind,” I chuckled.

I showed her Pinterest and…Bingo! She was hooked.

Pinterest “hit 10 million unique monthly views faster than any standalone site in U.S. history.”(1) In 2015, Pinterest went over 100 million active monthly users (source).

There’re many reasons for this phenomenon:
  • We love pictures (they're worth 1000 words, after all)
  • We love seeing lots of materials in one easy place (like a mall or department store)
  • We love bulletin boards where we can pin things to remember
But most of all, I think Pinterest is popular because it gets our creative juices flowing and we are creatively-wired beings, made in the image of the CREATOR God.

"God created mankind in his own image...male and female he created them." Genesis 1:27 

Like any social network, Pinterest can be used for bad purposes, but it provides a creative (and easy) way to share the Gospel when we pin Christian devotions, images and quotes.

So pin away!
(1) Huff Post Tech
Image: Billy Frank Alexander

Did you know that Bible Love Notes has a Pinterest Page? Please become a follower so you can easily repin devotions. There are hundreds of pinners who have a "1-Minute Bible Love Notes" board where they pin their favorite devotions. Isn't this a pinteresting way to share Christ? 
BibleLoveNotes Pinterest


 

For free email delivery enter your email address:


FeedBurner

3 comments:

  1. Great post. I am your newest follower (returning your follow). Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! So glad to have you follow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy. I just may have to check it out soon. I have to see what all of the "buzz" is about.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...