Why Every Day is Mother's Day


Scripture tells us that in one very important way, every day is Mother's Day. This 1-minute devotion explains. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible #MothersDay

No matter how much life we've experienced, it's doubtful that we fully understand the sacrifices that our own mothers made.

I've been a mother for almost 50 years and a grandmother for almost 20 years. But that doesn't mean I fully understand the sacrifices my own mother made. She lived in a different times with different challenges. 

Fortunately, we don’t need to fully understand our mothers to appreciate them. 

In truth, the thing which keeps most people from appreciating their mother is a judgmental spirit. Our culture encourages us to expect perfection from our parents, but that's completely unrealistic. 

It's also un-Scriptural. Instead of judging our parents, God says:

Honor your father and mother” (this is the first commandment with a promise), “that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land.”  Ephesians 6:2-3

I haven’t had a chance to show my mom appreciation for almost 30 years because she’s been hangin' out with Jesus in heaven, but I look forward to spending time with her when I get there. 

If your mom is alive, I encourage you to make sure that you are regularly letting her know that you appreciate her. 

You might say that Ephesians 6:2-3 makes every day Mother's Day.

--------------------------------------

Note: Children who have been physically or sexually abused by parents must seek godly Christian counsel in handling their adult relationship with their parents. 
 
Free Subscription to 1-Minute Bible Love Notes
Why not add some more of God's Word to your schedule by having a 1-minute devotion like this one delivered to your email each weekday. Sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet. Find out more HERE.

Scripture tells us that in one very important way, every day is Mother's Day. This 1-minute devotion explains. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible #MothersDay



11 comments:

  1. Amen, Gail, to both comments you made...that men don't get it and that we should honor our mothers!! :)

    In His Lo♥e, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gail - great post! I am choosing today to honour my mom
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gail,
    Thanks for the visit and the invite. I used to link up but I stopped because I couldn't find where to link,like now!!! Thanks for the encouragement also! Don't say I'm more talented than you! God gave all of us gifts, maybe I just spend more time developing this particular gift!!! (I was going to answer your comment by email, but you're a no reply blogger!) Where would we b e without our mothers!? My mom is my bestest friend! We see each other almost every day!
    :^) patsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gail, you should consider linking this tribute to your mom/m-i-l with Ann Voskamp this week. Anyone who links a post to her mother's day tribute will be helping to raise funds for mothers/women in Haiti.

    And happy mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Mother's Day, Gail!
    Sixteen years ago my mom began spending time with our incredible Lord, after ninety-five years here on earth. I know she's enjoying every second. How magnificent that will be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful way to remember your mother. Happy Mother's day. Thanks for sharing on the NOBH

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always appreciate your encouragement. Started my on link party today. I'd love it if you'd come check it out as you are one of the people who inspired me to go for it. ;)

    http://cornerstoneconfessions.com

    Hope to see you there.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete