Being God's Student

If we want to be good students of Christ, maturing in our faith, we need to listen daily at His door. This 1-minute devotion explains. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

"God has called us to live holy lives" (1 Thessalonians 4:7), and one way we accomplish this is by asking God to teach us His decrees (Psalm 119:12).  

Before I became a Christian, I "tried" to read the Bible, but I only understood the surface things (1 Corinthians 2:14-15). 

When I became a Christian, the Bible came alive for me (it is alive, you know - Hebrews 4:12). I treasured moments when I could steal away from my napping toddlers and housework and read a few precious lines of God's message.* 

"When he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth." John 16:13  

Throughout our lives, it's important that we "listen at God's door" (Proverbs 8:33-34), asking Him to help us see wonderful things in His Word (Psalm 119:18).

"If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you." James 1:5

We have a wonderful Teacher who wants us to know and obey His ways (Matthew 28:19-20). Let's be good students.
----------------------
* My "babies" are now in their 40's : ) 

 
To do a short Bible study on this devotion, check out today's Bite Size Bible Study.
This devotion is part of a series based on Psalm 119:9-16Find the entire series HERE

If we want to be good students of Christ, maturing in our faith, we need to listen daily at His door. This 1-minute devotion explains. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

1 comment:

  1. Trust in the Lord for he will show you the way forward in life

    ReplyDelete