Sometimes I Trust in Chariots

David was successful against Goliath and this verse gives the key to his success.

“Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God. They are brought to their knees and fall, but we rise up and stand firm.” Psalm 20:7-8 

Sometimes I trust in “chariots”:
  • My instincts, abilities, insight
  • My perspective and strength 
  • Human authorities or human wisdom
  • Friends or relatives

    Then I wonder why I fail and why certain problems continue to plague me.

    When David faced the taunting giant, Goliath, he had the right perspective...he knew whom he could trust.  

    He said:
    “You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the LORD Almighty…” 
    1 Samuel 17:45

    Do you have “Goliaths” in your life—financial, relational, career, emotional, or physical difficulties taunting you? 

    God is able to do more than we ask or imagine according to His power that is at work within us (Ephesians 3:20).

    Only in the name of the Lord can we conquer the giants in our lives or gain the strength to persevere in the midst of them!

    Some other verses to encourage you:

    James 4:7: Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 

    1 Corinthians 10:13: No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. 

    2 Samuel 22:33: It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure. 

    Philippians 4:13: I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.

    Also: Ephesians 6:10-18

    ---------------------

    https://www.amazon.com/Wisdom-Life-Devotional-One-Minute-Reflections/dp/1087775760

    I encourage you to check out the Wisdom for Life Devotional. It contains 100 one-minute devotions to challenge, encourage, instruct, and inspire your love for God's Word. Read the story behind Wisdom for Life HERE. And find out about the two free Bible studies with purchase HERE. You can read the first 4 devotions in the book by clicking "look inside" on Lifeway or AmazonIn addition, you can buy the book in Kindle format on Amazon and as an ebook on other sites.
     
    I also encourage you to sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet. Find out more HERE.

     
    David was successful against Goliath and this verse gives the key to his success.




    David was successful against Goliath and this verse gives the key to his success.

    2 comments:

    1. Thank you for this excellent word. It is very timely for me.....a good reminder and encouragement.

      ReplyDelete