We Can Never Get Enough of This

Contentment is important, but there's one area where Christians shouldn't be content. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

Do you want to know Christ - really know Him?

Have you ever met someone who felt they were spending enough time with the Lord? I haven't.

I know people who diligently seek God daily in prayer and Bible study, but they're usually the first to admit it's not enough.

Contentment is good in other areas, but not this one. We should never be fully satisfied until we see Jesus face-to-face.

We can take our cues from one of the best examples in Christian history, the Apostle Paul who wrote these words:

"I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord... I want to know Christ...Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me." Philippians 3:8-12

The more we know Jesus, the more we will want to know Him. So let's pray for Paul's fervor and diligence in this area.
-------------------

Free Subscription to 1-Minute Bible Love Notes
Why not add some more of God's Word to your schedule by having a 1-minute devotion delivered to your email each weekday. Sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet. Find out more HERE.


Contentment is important, but there's one area where Christians shouldn't be content. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment