Faith Versus Feeling

This 1-minute devotion explains why we can't always trust our feelings, but we can always trust God's Word.

Feelings are powerful and unreliable

If we're not careful, feelings can distort our attitudes and negatively influence our behavior.

Perhaps you've heard the train analogy: Faith should fuel the engine and move it forward. Feelings should be the caboose, following the facts.


Unfortunately, many of us let feelings fuel our engine, and our lives end up like train wrecks.

Sometimes the psalmists let their feelings take control. For example, in Psalm 42:9 the psalmist asked God, "Why have You forgotten me? Why must I go about mourning, oppressed by the enemy?"

But the psalmists were also good about getting back on track: "Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God." Psalm 42:11

For Christians, Scripture is always the "fact" that gets us back on track, headed in the right direction, full speed ahead!
---------------------

Would you like to do a quick 3-Scripture study related to this devotion? Then check it out on Bite Size Bible Study.


A great hardcover devotional priced lower than most paperbacks.
If you enjoy Bible Love Notes one-minute devotions, I think you'll enjoy my devotional Wisdom for Life. It's a hard-cover book priced lower than most paperbacks.  Click the image to find out more. ~ Gail



This 1-minute devotion explains why we can't always trust our feelings, but we can always trust God's Word.




This 1-minute devotion explains why we can't always trust our feelings, but we can always trust God's Word.



Bible Love Notes

3 comments:

  1. God's timing is perfect. I needed to be reminded of this truth. Thank you, Gail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I were just speaking of this last night. The general area in which we live has seen a dramatic rise in teen suicide rates. We, being Christians, even find it difficult to remember that we are not abandoned during difficult times. How desperate these children must have felt, not having the ability to draw on the knowledge of the promise of God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Gail for your ministry. I just studied Psalm 42 recently in "Discovering Hope in the Psalms". In fact, I was thinking about that particular Psalm last night and "somehow" found my way here to this devotion. God's like that. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete