- lived in a tiny house making additions when they had the money.
- saved until they could afford large purchases.
- vacationed only after the bills were paid.
Our attitudes toward spending are cross-generational, and they stem from two major problems:
1. A lack of contentment
2. A sense of entitlement
I'm guilty myself but I'm asking God to help me recognize this as sin and remember Hebrews 13:5:
"Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have."
(1) NPR, Why Americans Spend Too Much
(2) "A 2012 Federal Reserve Survey of Consumer Finances calculated that just 52% of American households earn more money than they spend."
Bad Money Habits
(3) I bought my used 55 Chevy for $150 in 1968 : )
To do a Bite Size Bible Study on this devotion, click HERE. In the study, I share a few more thoughts and 3 Scripture passages to ponder.
LISTEN to this devotion below. If you can't get the audio on Internet Explorer, try another browser.
Subscribers need to click the link in the title and come to the Bible Love Notes site. Thanks.