Share devotions & images on social networks using the buttons below each post which links them to Bible Love Notes. Any other use requires permission. Thanks!

Thursday

God Can Use Our Scars

Romans 8:28
“I want to make sure it’s not skin cancer,”  I said.

“It’s not,” the dermatologist said examining the tiny, barely-visible age spot on my face, "But I can quickly and easily freeze it off.”

“What are the side effects?” I asked, “I leave for a mission trip in two weeks.”

“It will be crusty for a couple of days.”

So I let him do it.

The next two weeks I dealt with a large oozing blister from the second-degree burn.  And the wound required care several times a day for three months more.

Romans 8:28The scar I now have isn't too bad and perhaps it will fade, but other scars on our lives are life-altering and sometimes they seem to happen just as randomly, without meaning.

That's one reason I love the promise of Romans 8:28*...knowing God can use any scar, mistake, or accident for my good...Just one of many comforting promises God gives us!
copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2011 
*Click verse to read it online

Would you like to subscribe to Bible Love Notes: 
For free email delivery of Bible Love Notes 1-Minute devotions, enter your email address below:


Your subscription will begin when you validate the Feedburner email sent to your email box. Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. I, too, love that verse. So many times I have wondered why "life happened." But I have made it a practice to ask God to use the hard stuff for good. This was good -- sometimes we just need to remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are many scars in our lives that leave us with burns that need treatment. The blessed Holy Spirit oozes his ointment to cure and to heal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Through my still fresh scars, I'm finding, or rather God is bringing them into my life, those who have similar scars. And He will use them! Amen. Great words from the master today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must thank you so much for writing this. These words are a huge comfort to me in ways I just can't explain, but I want you to know your words have touched me deeply.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All Scripture references NIV unless otherwise noted.