If You Follow Christ, Don't Expect Smooth Sailing

Let me share something I've learned in my 40+ years as a Christian.

When I became a Christian, I thought the Christian life would be smooth sailing. I didn’t believe in the “name it, claim it” prosperity gospel, but I thought life would be easy now that I had God at my side and His Word as my guide. 

Think again! 

In my 40+ years as a Christian, I’ve learned that nothing compares with knowing Christ! It's the most important decision I’ve ever made. 

But Christianity is not about smooth sailing. 

It’s about letting God’s Word rebuke, correct, and instruct my fallen human nature—no easy process (Philippians 2:12-13; Revelation 3:19). 

It’s about denying my desires in order to fulfill God’s desires (Matthew 16:24; Ephesians 2:10). 

It’s about being mocked and rejected by culture because I believe and trust in God’s loving commands (John 15:18-25). 

As wickedness continues to increase in our world, it's also about standing firm even when loved ones reject the God I love and sometimes reject me because I love Him (Matthew 10:21-22). 

But let me tell you this, and I’m going to use all caps because I want you to know it's important: 

THERE’S NOTHING AS WONDERFUL AS FOLLOWING JESUS. 

If you feel the same, I challenge you to share that truth with at least one person this week! 

💙💙💙

A great hardcover devotional priced lower than most paperbacks.
 
If you enjoy Bible Love Notes one-minute devotions, I think you'll enjoy my devotional Wisdom for Life. Click the image to find out more. ~ Gail


Let me share something I've learned in my 40+ years as a Christian.





Bible Love Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment