Exchanging Truth for a Lie: Worshiping Creation, Not Creator

Romans 1:16-32 talks about the increase in wickedness and tells us something about the unsaved world. This 1-minute devotion explains.

Romans 1:16-32 talks about mankind's foolish wickedness:

“Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.” Romans 1:22-23 

Modern people may not make actual idols of men, birds, animals, and reptiles. But they worship the human wisdom of evolution and reject God's creation design (1 Corinthians 1:18-25). (See Addressing the Error of Evolution.)

For example: The majority of people care about the humane treatment of animals. Some of them even refuse to eat meat because it kills innocent animals. But the majority of people remain silent about the unborn and the inhumane methods used in late-term abortions.(1)

Scripture clearly teaches that men are more valuable than animals (Genesis 1:27-28Matthew 10:29-31Matthew 12:12). God commanded us to rule over animals and gave us permission to eat them (Genesis 1:28; Genesis 9:3; Acts 10).

Scripture also teaches that unborn children are human from the day of conception (Isaiah 44:2; Psalm 139:13-16; Isaiah 49:5Jeremiah 1:5Luke 1:41-44).

Unsaved men and women have definitely exchanged the glory of God for the glory of man and animals.

I'm so proud of the family of God for speaking up for the unborn, helping women with problem pregnancies, and grieving for the women who've been duped into having abortions.

That's another reason that I am not ashamed of the gospel! (Romans 1:16) 

Please read the footnote today:

(1) It's good to care about the humane treatment of animals, but more important to care about the humane treatment of people. 
 
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, an organization with nine million members, says this about abortion: PETA does not have a position on the abortion issue, because our focus as an organization is the alleviation of the suffering inflicted on nonhuman animals. 
 
In addition, PETA opposes a human-supremacist worldview (PETA). These statements are not only anti-God, they are illogical. Even if PETA considers all animals equals, there is no logical reason to dismiss the inhumane treatment of unborn human animals. This so well illustrates the explanation in Romans 1:22-23: “Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools.”

Abortion is not simply a political issue. It's a biblical and moral issue. If a Christian defends lying or cheating, we should correct them. The same is true if a Christian defends abortion (Galatians 6:1; James 5:19-20; 1 Corinthians 5:12). People who defend abortion are making the same arguments for abortion that people once made to defend slavery. See Would You Have Justified Slavery?  To read about the multiple victims of an abortion see Abortion Victims.

Romans 1:16-32 talks about the increase in wickedness and tells us something about the unsaved world. This 1-minute devotion explains.


Bible Love Notes

5 comments:

  1. Hi Gail. I get your bible love notes each morning here in the UK, and I must admit I look forward to reading them, and I do get a lot out of them. Sadly this morning’s read I found very difficult to take onboard. I am an animal lover and yes I’m vegetarian. I have in the past supported PETA. I think in this world there is room for people to support organisation s who fight cruelty. I think when you targeted PETA was totally wrong, as they are not a Christian organisation. They see things differently to the bible. As a Christian I can understand why. I have found over the years the people who should have compassion on ALL things ie Christian sadly do not display this compassion. I get so angry and heartbroken when I hear Christians saying God give us permission to eat meat. Yes he does, however my heart says I will do what I think he would rather we would do. Have compassion on ALL of his creation. I am against abortion as well as animal suffering. We should not separate them saying this or that is more important. We Christians should be against ALL cruelty. There is room for both. I was reluctant to add a comment Gail, however it breaks my heart when I read comments like this morning’s read.

    Regards ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ian,
      I sense a sincerity and compassion in your comment. But as a fellow believer, I must address some of what you’ve written.

      You wrote: I have in the past supported PETA. I think in this world there is room for people to support organisation s who fight cruelty.

      If there was a non-Christian group that believed in recycling projects but they refused to do recycling projects in black neighborhoods, I wouldn't join that organization. Even though I believe in recycling, I couldn't agree with the mission of that group.

      You wrote: I think when you targeted PETA was totally wrong, as they are not a Christian organisation.

      The devotion speaks in general terms about people putting animal rights above human rights, but I used PETA in the footnotes because they are a large organization, not some local group. And they have made clear statements about the subjects I addressed. I don’t want to make claims based on hearsay or opinion.

      You wrote: They see things differently to the bible. As a Christian I can understand why.

      As a Christian, we should defend Scripture, not agree with those who contradict it, Ian. Our first allegiance is to God’s Words.
      You wrote: I have found over the years the people who should have compassion on ALL things ie Christian sadly do not display this compassion.

      This is a very broad and bigoted statement, Ian. Even if you personally know Christians who don’t treat animals humanely, you are wrong to claim that is true of all Christians. I have never met a Christian who was cruel to animals, and I have known hundreds of Christians all over the world, having lived in Europe 8 years and in 20 different locations in the U.S.

      You wrote: I get so angry and heartbroken when I hear Christians saying God give us permission to eat meat. Yes he does, however my heart says I will do what I think he would rather we would do.

      There is nothing wrong with you refusing to eat meat, Ian. The Bible doesn't command us to eat meat. But you cannot read Acts 10 and claim that God prefers we not each meat. Three times He commands Peter to eat various meats, and He tells Peter not to say something is unclean (i.e. unapproved by God) that God says is clean (approved). There is nothing in Scripture that tells us that killing animals and eating meat is wrong. God never gives us permission to do something evil or sinful.

      Ian, I get angry and heartbroken when I hear that an organization claims to care about animals but cares nothing about human babies. I get angry and heartbroken that unborn children who God created in their mother’s wombs are killed before they see the light of day. God makes it clear that He values human life more than animal life, and you and I should have God’s heart for things.

      You wrote: I am against abortion as well as animal suffering. We should not separate them saying this or that is more important. We Christians should be against ALL cruelty. There is room for both.

      I’m glad you see how sinful abortion is, Ian, but we must prioritize the things God prioritizes, not the things man prioritizes. If a person values animals above humans or if a person sees animal life/suffering the same as human life/suffering, they are mocking God’s creation order. Please read the Scriptures linked in the devotion. They make this absolutely clear. There is room for compassion for animals and human beings, but God wants us to be more concerned about human suffering than animal suffering.

      I don't know if you know about methods of late term abortions, Ian, but they don't use anesthetic, and in most cases they crush the baby's skull and sometimes tear off his/her limbs.

      continued in next comment box...

      Delete
    2. These passages apply to a Christians interaction with groups such as PETA, groups which mock God’s priorities:

      Ephesians 5:7-11 says, "For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord. Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them."

      1 Cor. 6:14 says, "Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?"

      I can tell that you love the Lord, Ian, and I pray you will read through the passages and embrace the priorities God places on animals and humans.

      Delete
    3. Hi Gail. I think we could discuss this topic for a long time and still not see eye to eye. I have read the scripture many times and understand them, however it was only when sin entered the world that God allowed us to eat meat. I think Gail we are poles apart on this issue and I think I will leave it there. Sadly Gail I have decided to unsubscribe from your notes.

      Regards,

      Ian

      Delete
    4. Ian, I am very sorry you feel this way. But your argument is not with me. You are calling something impure which God has called clean. Your argument is with God and this New Testament command straight from heaven:

      " About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. 10 He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. 11 He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. 12 It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles and birds. 13 Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.” 14 “Surely not, Lord!” Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.” 15 The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.” 16 This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken back to heaven."

      I can totally understand why you would unsubscribe. Bible Love Notes is about God's Word and we present what it clearly teaches because, "I am not ashamed of the gospel"

      Delete