Anytime Day or Night, for Any Reason … Incredible!

This 1-minute devotion highlights a wonderful truth about prayer. I know it will encourage you!

Sometimes when I wake up in the middle of the night, I pray until I drift back to sleep. 

I also pray at other times during the day—in the car on the way home from errands, while preparing a meal, on a walk through the neighborhood, etc.

I’m sure that many of you also pray during your normal daily activities, but have you ever stopped to think how very incredible that is? 

If I wanted to talk to my best friend about something that wasn’t urgent, I wouldn’t feel comfortable calling her in the middle of the night. 

If I wanted to talk to my pastor, I wouldn’t expect him to drop whatever he was doing to talk to me. 

If I wanted to talk to someone famous or important like the leader of a country, it wouldn’t be possible. 

But anytime night and day, I can talk to the Creator of the world, the wisest, most loving Being in the universe, the source of all comfort (2 Corinthians 1:3). And He knows me better than anyone else because He knit me together in my mother’s womb (Psalm 139:13-17), prepared plans for my life (Ephesians 2:10), and even knows the number of hairs on my head (Luke 12:7)!

Think about it! It's incredible!

💙💙💙

This 1-minute devotion highlights a wonderful truth about prayer. I know it will encourage you!
I encourage you to read the 1-minute devotions Pray Continually...How? and Practical Prayer Prompts. But before you do, think about the blessing of God's availability while reading through the verses below.

Philippians 4:6: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." 

1 Thessalonians 5:17: "Pray continually."

Ephesians 6:18: "And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people."

Colossians 4:2: "Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful."

Hebrews 4:16: "Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."

Bible Love Notes

1 comment:

  1. A great reminder of the availability of God, for those that want to seek him.

    ReplyDelete