I Love God's Word

When I became a Christian I was thrilled that God had written a Book. Do you understand the incredible blessing of God's Word? This devotion explains.

When I became a Christian, I was thrilled that God had written a book to explain who He is and show us how to live for Him (2 Timothy 3:16-17).(1) 

Before that time, I’d been trying to make sense of things by listening to the mixed messages of culture (Colossians 2:8). 

Now, almost 50 years later, culture’s messages aren’t usually mixed. Instead, most of them clearly mock God’s Word. 

What a blessing that we have the unchanging Word of God to guide us instead of our ever-changing culture (Psalm 119:89). 

My love for God’s Word just keeps growing as I am continually amazed at its wisdom, relevance, validity, and permanence. 

God's Word convicts me of sin, provides comfort when my heart is breaking, explains God's purposes for my life, and instructs me in wisdom and righteousness. It can make me smile, laugh, rejoice, and cry, offering refreshment and rebuke, both of which I need.

If you are trying to understand God without reading the Bible, you never will. The best way to know someone is to listen to their heart. And that’s what the Bible is: the message from God’s heart to ours. 

Let’s consider ways we can add more Scripture to our schedule.

💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙

(1) God wrote the Bible using the pen and personalities of various men, so you might say men wrote it for God. But it is God's Word, not men's words. See 2 Peter 1:20-21.

Check out these resources to increase your appreciation for God's Word:

Without the Bible, We're Lost

We Need It: God's Word

Believing God's Word is Inerrant

The Mirror of God's Word


When I became a Christian I was thrilled that God had written a Book. Do you understand the incredible blessing of God's Word? This devotion explains.

 
Bible Love Notes

2 comments:

  1. I feel lost
    I don't know what my purpose is in life. I need God to help me with this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry that you feel lost, Adriene, but that might be exactly where you need to be so you can see your need for God. Please find an older Christian woman who can help you and pray for you. If you have not asked Jesus to be your Lord and Savior, please do that. I've prayed that you will find someone to help you out. In Jesus Name.

      Delete