Cower, Criticize, or Fight?

Christians are facing "Goliaths" who stand against our faith, mocking us. This devotion encourages us to fight biblically.

“David saw what everyone saw…heard what everyone heard…thought what no one thought.”(1) 

While strong, experienced soldiers cowered, David told Goliath, "You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the LORD Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied” (1 Samuel 17:45).

Throughout Scripture we hear this truth: 

“'Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the LORD Almighty.” Zechariah 4:6

“Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.” Ephesians 6:10 

“I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.” 2 Corinthians 12:9

In our present world, “Goliath” enemies stand and mock biblical principles. All of us hear the same trash talk and see the results. The choice is ours: we can join the enemy...cower in the shadows...criticize the faithful like David’s brother (1 Samuel 17:26-30)...

Or we can fight like David, confident that God’s Spirit within us is greater than any “Goliath” in our world (1 John 4:4).  

Will you join me in the fight?   

-------------------

(1) Brother Andrew, No Guts, No Glory, © 2014, Open Doors International 

Christians are facing "Goliaths" who stand against our faith, mocking us. This devotion encourages us to fight biblically.

 
Bible Love Notes

9 comments:

  1. Yes! I will stand with you in Jesus' name. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a world that is 2020 , a great message and verse ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. love and believe always! in my God!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is excellent. We need courageous Christ-followers today. Sometimes we think there is nothing we can do, but that is faulty thinking. Thank you for always pointing us to biblical answers and inspiration, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you, Dawn, for doing the same in your ministry.
      God bless you, sister.

      Delete
  5. Well said, Gail. I sometimes forget that prayer is more powerful than violence or harsh words. I'll stick to prayer and allow the Holy Spirit to lead me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Ginger,
      You have been and continue to be such an encouragement! Thank you! Yes. I know you will continue in the fight as well. God bless you!

      Delete
  6. Amen to each comment above and each kind and gentle word in this powerful convicting "love note". As I read your words I was reminded again of why I began following you so long ago. You are such a magnificent example of being Jesus to a dark and crying world. Your light shines so bright dear friend, thankyou for loving Jesus and all His children so very much. Love. Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  7. We will fight the enemies with the power of God almighty by his spirit in Jesus name

    ReplyDelete