Feelings or Facts? Discouragement or Hope?

Have you ever felt like God has forgotten you? This 1-minute devotion addresses that feeling and offers the facts.

When we’re going through a difficulty, it can sometimes feel like God has forgotten us. 

The psalmists felt this way at times (Psalm 10:1; Psalm 13:1; Psalm 44:24). But they knew what to do: they'd quit trusting their feelings and start reciting the facts. That’s what we need to do as well. 

Whenever we're feeling abandoned by God, we can think back to the many times He's rescued us or used bad situations for our good (Romans 8:28). And we can recite Bible verses which speak of God’s love and care.

Feelings can’t be trusted, but “the precepts of the LORD are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the LORD are radiant, giving light to the eyes” (Psalm 19:8). 

Here are a few of the many verses that can encourage when you feel forgotten:

Psalm 27:10 - "Even if my father and mother abandon me, the LORD will hold me close."  

Psalm 34:18 - "The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." 

Isaiah 40:11 - "He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young." 

Isaiah 49:15-16 - "Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me."  

Hebrews 13:5 - "God has said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.'" 

Romans 8:39 - "Neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." 

1 John 3:1 - "See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!" 

And check out these additional resources:  
 

💙💛💙💛 

 
If you enjoy Bible Love Note's one-minute devotions, you'll love Gail's book Wisdom for Life featuring 100 one-minute devotions from Psalms and Proverbs. Read the first 4 devotions in the book on Lifeway or Amazon by clicking "look inside" or "read sample." Find out about the free Bible studies you get with purchase here: Wisdom for Life Publisher's page.

Have you ever felt like God had forgotten you? This 1-minute devotion addresses that feeling and offers the facts.




Have you ever felt like God has forgotten you? This 1-minute devotion addresses that feeling and offers the facts.

Bible Love Notes

4 comments:

  1. I love this!
    These are some of my favorite verses that have been my lifeline!
    Thank You Jesus for Your Word!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reminders! Any suggestions for a verse to memorize and use when my filter-less sister (a baby believer, tending to be spiritual rather than religious, so far) upsets and hurts me with hateful words? Put carefully, so she can deny actual attacking, but leaves no doubt that she finds me or my husband/son to be "less than." To the point where it would be easier to avoid her, but I don't think Jesus would want that.
    God bless your ministry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Unknown,
    I'm sorry you are having to deal with a difficult family relationship.

    Romans 12:14-21 has some good verses that might help.
    And as I write this, I pray that God will give you wisdom and patience with your sister, and I pray she will see things she is doing that are making your relationship difficult.
    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! So encouraging. Shalom 🙏🏼❤

    ReplyDelete