Don’t You Love a Good Mystery?

We don't always like it, but mystery is part of the Christian faith. This 1-minute devotion explains why we should appreciate the mystery. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible #Devotions

Are you familiar with Deuteronomy 29:29

It says: “The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law.”

I have lots of questions about life, and I don’t always understand what God allows. 

But this verse tells me that God doesn't think it’s good or necessary for me to know everything. He has reasons for keeping some things "secret," and I can trust that His reasons are good. 

I suppose it's similar to the way good parents keep some things "secret" from their children until they are old enough to handle them.

Our finite minds couldn’t handle a full knowledge of the infinite wisdom of God.

But 2 Peter 1:3 assures us God gives us everything we need, and 1 Corinthians 13:12 assures us that someday everything will make sense. 

Can you trust God with the mysteries of life? I can.

You see, I love a good mystery, and everything God does is good.


We don't always like it, but mystery is part of the Christian faith. This 1-minute devotion explains why we should appreciate the mystery. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible #Devotions

Bible Love Notes

3 comments:

  1. I think knowing everything will be way too overwhelming for our minds to comprehend. But God gives us the ability to trust Him, and that is enough.
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete