How Can You Shine Today?

Riding a tram in a busy city, I was struck by the lost and unhappy people all around me. I asked a question all of us should be asking. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible #Devotions

When we lived in Budapest, Hungary, we regularly rode public transportation.

One evening while riding the tram, I started thinking about “shining.”

At each stop, we picked up lost and confused people.

An immodestly dressed woman boarded at one stop. Her thick make-up couldn’t disguise the sadness in her eyes.

Behind her was a man with painful-looking piercings on his face and evil emblems on his clothing. He looked defiant, but I wondered what was in his heart.

At the next stop a group of young people boarded. Holding bottles of wine, they were laughing and flirting. I wondered what emptiness their laughter was hiding.

God commands us to shine like stars in a "warped and crooked generation" (Matthew 5:16Philippians 2:14-15). 

I asked myself how I could "shine" on that tram ride.

I'm not going to share the answer to my question, but I'm going to ask you a question.

How can you shine today in your circumstances? 
--------------
These devotions might help you answer this question:
This Little Light of Mine
Good Listeners Shine
7 Ways to Shine
Shine Like Stars in Our Fallen Culture
------------------


Free Subscription to 1-Minute Bible Love Notes
Why not add some more of God's Word to your schedule by having a 1-minute devotion like this one delivered to your email each weekday. Sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet that will help you add joy and depth to your Quiet Time. Find out more HERE.

Riding a tram in a busy city, I was struck by the lost and unhappy people all around me. I asked a question all of us should be asking. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible #Devotions

2 comments:

  1. By being a helper, offering a word of encouragement holding open a door, smiling, etc. There are so many ways to show God’s love to people we come in contact with today. I love this reminder, Gail, thank you for BLN. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fill my heart Lord with your love and compassion!Only God can fill me so I can overflow.... And I must be able to be emptied of self, myself.... The more I am in His Word and His Presence , the Holy Spirit can soften hearts...

    ReplyDelete